For the Company
One of the biggest challenges facing entrepreneurs is money. Accessing growth capital, securing investments, and generating revenue are issues that plague startup and growth-stage businesses alike.
The OKGN Angel Summit is an investor-led program designed to expose accredited investors to the world of angel investing through a guided, hands-on process where a small venture capital fund is raised, deals are screened, and an actual investment in a startup is made. Participating investors and companies will go through an 11-week series of structured meetings including company reviews, founder pitches, and due diligence.
The culmination is a public event (Thursday, April 11, 2019) where 6 finalists make their pitch to an audience of community members, and the winner is awarded an investment of up to $200K from the fund. That’s right, $200K.
The cost to participate in the OKGN Angel Summit as a company is $99. OKGN Angel Summit uses Gust to securely and privately collect your company information, business plan, and due diligence information. Entrepreneurs who are seeking growth capital and meet the criteria below can apply by completing the application form. The deadline to apply is January 18th, 2019.
- Early stage companies seeking investment of $100k – $1M
- Eligible companies should be within a half-day drive of Kelowna
- Must be able to attend and participate in pitch sessions and the finale on April 11, 2019
- Ability and willingness to accept and use an investment up to $200k
- Prototype (MVP) working towards product/market fit
- Passionate and capable founding team
- Identified early adopters in a large addressable market
- A plan to scale with potential for a 10x return in 5 years
- Deck and information must be uploaded to Gust.
OKGN Angel Summit is an event powered by the team at Accelerate Okanagan. Looking to connect? We LOVE connecting!
Connect with our Programs Manager, Thuy Tran, by using the contact form provided here.
Or visit us in person! Come find us on the second floor of the Innovation Centre, located in Kelowna, BC.